Sunday, July 29, 2007

Greetings, Everyone!

Since I am a co-author of this lovely blog, I thought I should at least introduce myself to you, even thought I won't start teaching for another few weeks. I am an advanced graduate student at a large research university, and this next fall will be the start of my third year of teaching at this institution. In the past, I've been both a TA and a full instructor for a 100-level history course, but this fall I get to branch out and teach...research methods! I am very excited. Sometimes in the survey course I felt like I didn't have the knowledge or know-how, but since I've written an M.A. thesis and a number of research papers, I feel confident about teaching students how to produce history, instead of only ingesting history. I'm sure that craziness will ensue, but at least I have a forum now to blog about the successes and frustrations!

1 comment:

Secret Squirrel said...

Well, if no one else is going to say "hi", I will.

Hi!