Thursday, November 8, 2007

Totally off-topic, but Bardiac asked nicely

I went to the gynecologist for a pap smear recently. It is a practice with a few different doctors, and I didn't specify who I wanted to see. The last name wasn't anyone I had seen before, but a pretty common name (think: "Smith") and the receptionist said it was a woman.

On the day of the appointment, I entered the doctor's office, only to discover it was someone I know socially. I had no idea she was a gynecologist—I guess she has discovered her work is not a popular topic of conversation.

I'm sure it was no big deal to her: she even seemed happy to see me. But although I am usually quite comfortable with my body and nakedness, it felt very strange having someone who I last saw at a meeting for a committee we are both on inserting fingers in my girly bits, while all the time chatting about mutual acquaintances and various recent events we were both at.

My relationships with female friends usually don't progress to quite that level!

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

Oh, wow, that's awkward, eh?

Thanks for sharing :)